Friday, February 11, 2011
What’s new in SharePoint Foundation 2010
Everyone knows that SharePoint Foundation 2010 is extension to the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0[WSS 3.0]. So, they have improved it in many ways and makes our life easy.
Below are the main features they have improved in this version of SharePoint Foundation 2010 and SharePoint Server 2010.
Note: All features supported in SharePoint Foundation 2010 also supported in SharePoint Server 2010.
- Alerts Enhancements
- Business Connectivity Services
- Client Object Model
- Custom Field Rendering Enhancements
- Events Enhancements
- Health Analyzer
- List Enhancements
- Microsoft Sync Framework
- Mobile Device Development Enhancements
- Performance Monitoring and Request Throttling
- Query Enhancements
- Sandboxed Solutions
- Security Enhancements
- Service Application Framework
- Silverlight Integration and Cross-Domain Data Access
- UI Enhancements
- ULS Logging
- Windows PowerShell for SharePoint
- Workflow Enhancements
WOW. So many features and all of them are for free of cost if we have Windows Server 2008. Start using SharePoint 2010 guys.